DISCLAIMER OF ENDORSEMENT. By providing the community-led event listing information below, the Sustainability Project Inc., its directors or officers, do not endorse or sponsor any product, service, or activity that may be offered in this listing service. The directors and officers of The Sustainability Project Inc. cannot be held liable at anytime by any content within, resulting actions or comments/views portrayed in, any of the events listed below:
Search by event name, location, or description. Sort by date, newest to oldest or the other way around.
Foraging Wild Edibles
Venue: By the Bluffs
Host: By the Bluffs Orchard
Host Web site: https://www.rootedbythebluffs.ca
170513, Centre Road
( ON, CA )
When: Sep 09, 2023 @ 09:00 AM
Foraging from the wild has a multitude of benefits, but so does foraging from your yard! As more and more people begin foraging, it is important to learn how to forage in a sustainable manner, and better yet, how to grow your own wild foods in your gardens that will provide for you for many years. We’ll take a taste testing tour through the property sharing plants that I have planted here, and some that are truly wild too.
Through this workshop you will learn:
- why wild foods are important,
- how to sustainably harvest wild foods,
- how to use the plants safely,
- the benefits and drawbacks of each, and
- how to grow and care for the plants. A refreshing and nutrient dense drink made from wild edibles will be provided. Details at: https://rootedbythebluffs.ca/pages/workshops-tours To register please email rootedbythebluffs [at] gmail.com.